Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A gem of an EV



The weather is improving and I'm getting used to this EV. I'm still on the 110 which is forcing me to perfect my distance skills. Today I reset the mls/kWh tracking to zero to see what I could get, the temperature was a comfortable mid 60s. The higher the number the further you can drive....well after about 20 mins I hot the upper 3s and then I settled into 4 finishing up at 4.2 and the computer told me I could get 118 if I kept going at that pace. Wow, that is awesome.

My drive consists of a few full stops and some steep uphills and downhills with an average speed of 40mph. Temperature really plays a roll and later in the day as it cooled my range and mls/kWh dropped a bit but still with some meaty range left.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to be a passenger in your blog while driving my own ActiveE the bmw ActiveE does not disappoint. Wow is the ActiveE quiet...I mean really quiet
    Thank for sharing


    BMW auto service

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for riding along....it is really a fantastic EV and car. I'm impressed by it daily

      Delete