Sunday, April 15, 2012

EVlicious EVent

The NJ East Coast EVent was a huge success today, 30+ EVs and over 20 were ActiveEs...thanks to Tom Moloughney our host and fellow Electronaut.  I remember the first event we had at his place in  August of 2009 with the MiniEs, I think there were just 8 cars.  You can see my original post on that past event here.

In just a few years the EV buzz has escalated, bad press or not, you can't stop the excitement about these cars....they are coming and this time they are coming from many manufacturers.   These are not the days of the EV1 when there was just one manufacturer, today we have over 10 serious brands announcing or have released EVs for the public.  That's right, it is not just GM alone, it is now GM, Tesla, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Volvo, Mitsubishi, Nissan, VW, Audi and Coda to list the key EV brands with 100% EVs or plug-ins.

Today at the NJ East Coast event we had present; BMW ActiveE, Tesla Roadster, Mitsubishi MiEV, Nissan LEAF, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Plug-in, a ZENN and a converted pick-up truck...very cool.  There were even a couple of film crews.

So without further ado here are the pics from today

 I showed up early - my ActiveE is on the right

 Soon more began to arrive

 Some MiEVs pulling in

 We had two Nissan LEAFs come today

 ActiveE row

 A custom EV

 In a word...EVlicious

A naked ActiveE - we are allowed to remove the stripes if we like

ActiveEs to our left

ActiveEs to our right

 We are an ActiveE family

 This is called a ZENN

I fantastic day and now time to head home

As an FYI I did about 55 miles round trip to get to the event, mostly highway, with steep hills and at times over 70mph. Car was full of stuff and 3 people including me.  On the way I was in EcoPro no heat and on the return trip EcoPro was off and I had the AC on the entire return trip...still had 38 miles left when I got home...I'll take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment