Sunday, May 20, 2012

Just imagine



One of the benefits of driving an EV is that you begin to look at things a little differently...in a good way.  You start to look at the world around you and think about how EVs can improve our environment and not just the green one but our cities.

For example, the other day I went to give a presentation a fellow ActiveE driver in Jersey City.  While I was crawling along in heavy city traffic, surrounded by cars of all sizes and large diesel trucks, the noise was almost deafening - remember, I've been driving a very quiet EV for nearly 3 months in the suburbs so I really notice loud vehicles now.  I could even feel when a truck or car with loud exhaust began to roll the engine/exhaust vibrated all the way into my cabin....not pleasant.  Then there was the pollution, either from the trucks or cars that obviously have never had a tune-up.  Finally the heat....I could really feel the heat radiating off of the vehicles around me.

As I crept along in a calmer and more relaxing environment, inside my ActiveE, I started to think about what would happen to this city if 50% of the cars were electric.  Just imagine the benefits to the residents of Jersey City and commuters and visitors to the city.  Less noise, less pollution and less heat...would we be less stressed and anxious during our commute and would people feel more comfortable walking around the city streets....just think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment